I am a little over halfway done with my second book The Round House by Louise Erdrich, having read a total of ~500 pages so far. I am ok with this progress. I am enjoying the book although it is not my favorite read. I gather that it will be one of those books I will think back one day and it’ll click with me and I’ll really like it all of a sudden. It’s just a story and a writing style I need to digest a little.
Anyhow, here is the mid-event survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
The Round House
2. How many books have you read so far?
I completed one and I am about 50% done with a second one.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I had a late start. My interruptions so far were minimal and included feeding the dogs and playing with them a little and feeding myself.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
The amount of books that I found on others’ TBRs that are now on my TBR list. Also, how beautiful some of the reading nooks are where people are spending these 24 hours.
How is everyone doing? Are y’all happy with your progress? Any fantastic books you have come across?