Good Morning World,
It’s way early for a Saturday but books are worth getting up for. Am I right or am I right? (this is a rhetorical question, don’t bother answering ;))
I am starting the day off at my local coffee shop where I am joined by a friend and first-time readathoner! This is my stack I am going to choose from – or at least the plan is to choose from this :p
The Kindle on top contains Six of Crows, Salem’s Lot, and Sorry, I Wrote So Many Sad Poems Today.
I am sipping my first latte of the day and my Kindle is set to page 1 of Six of Crows. I have a readathon spreadsheet where I’ll be recording all the data for the day. Guys, if you know me, you know I love data! So stay tuned for that wrap-up post tomorrow morning.
My goal is also to be active in the Facebook group, on my Twitter account, and in the Goodreads group. In fact, I’ll be hosting a discussion in the Goodreads group during hour 10 and I’ll be co-hosting the readathon during hours 10 and 11 – for those be sure to check Dewey’s blog and their Twitter account.
Opening Meme Survey
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Originally from Germany but I live in the US now
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Doll’s House. I just love Neil Gaiman.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I made spicy stuffed peppers last night. I never meal prep for readathons. I always have good intentions and then just order pizza. So, this is a first for me. Also coffee. Coffee is a snack, right?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m a scientist, a doggy mom, and an avid knitter.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I meal-prepped for one. I’m also co-hosting the readathon for the first time (hours 10 and 11), so fur the first time I actually will most likely have a 2 hour social media break without any reading.
Happy reading everyone!