Well, book lovers,
We are about halfway through the readathon and for me, it was slow going but I’ve loved every minute of it. Six of Crows had me spellbound right from the first page. The world building was amazing and the characters really, really lovable and complex. I’ve spent most of the morning at two different coffee shops where I had breakfast and, of course, coffee.
I’ve also just spent two hours co-hosting the readathon and I’ll tell you, that was a blast! Naturally, I don’t know how some of you do it, scouring social media and still reading or listening to an audiobook, because I got none of that done; but this experience was so worth it. 10/10 would do again.
1. What are you reading right now? I just finished Six of Crows. I think I am going to move on to Milk and Honey.
2. How many books have you read so far? 1 novel
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Salem’s Lot. I’ve been saving this one for the night hours. I really want to be scared.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I had a pretty slow first half. I did some buddy-reading with a friend at the coffee shop and so, of course, we chatted some. I also co-hosted the readathon and a Goodreads group discussion.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How many people joined last minute! Some just found out about this readathon yesterday or this morning. I love that enthusiasm.
Woohoo! Have a wonderful second half!