Aaaaaaand, we are off … . Woohoo, Dewey’s reverse readathon begins and I am starting with ***drumroll, please*** So Long a Letter, which is one of my most anticipated #WITMonth reads. What book are you starting with?
Some of you have been asking to see pictures of my pillow fort and who am I to deny you that 😉 … So, without further ado, here is my reading cave for the readathon. I’m expecting my pets to visit frequently because they enjoy spending time with me but most importantly because they never pass up a soft spot to curl up into. I think this fort will be so cozy once it gets dark. I also love my book reading lamp and my moon lamp (not pictured because it”s still charging).
Snack-wise I’ll be starting with all the junk food that I have in the pantry. Hey, …. it’s the weekend and I am stuck at home for the foreseeable future anyway, so why not. I did prep some veggies and fruit as well but I think I am saving those for the middle of the night. They give me energy and will hopefully help me stay awake. I’ve had a bit of a rough night last night. My elderly dog wasn’t feeling so well keeping me awake. Thus, I am a bit short on sleep going into this readathon. Which brings me to my most important readathon essential: COFFEE. I am really looking forward to my midnight cuppa of this life-giving elixir! I had a cup not too long ago but I’ll need more soon! What snacks and drinks do you have handy right now?
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am on the East Coast of the USA.
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Oh man, that’s a tough one. It’s a toss up between So Long a Letter, The Color Purple, White is for Witching, and the graphic novel version of Kindred. Can’t I just say I am excited about all the books on my TBR?
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? Hmmm, I’d say either the Cheetos or the watermelon cubes I prepped.
- Tell as a little something about yourself! Hi, my name is Juli and I grew up in Germany and moved to the USA when I was twenty. Since then I got my PhD in Neuroscience, lived in three different states, and discovered my love for blogging. I’ve always been an avid reader and figured why not chronicle my thoughts about the books I read. I am a proud dog(s), cat, and plant mom, cannot live without coffee, and love spicy foods. When I am not reading, you can find me knitting, drawing, writing, or being a general sloth on the couch binging TV. I am your typical introvert with the occasional outgoing spurt.
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I am too lazy to check when I started participating in Dewey’s readathons but it has been several years. I’ve had different strategies throughout the years, so I don’t think I am doing anything new this time but I did put more effort into my pillow fort today.
BONUS content because I liked these questions in past opening surverys.
- Do you have a #reversereadathon plan of attack? I am taking it easy. My whole reading year is built on mindful reading … so quality over quantity. I am prioritizing #WITMonth books but otherwise I am just going to pick up whatever book strikes me fancy.
- Are you doing the readathon solo or with others? Well, I have the pets of course here with me, but this time I have a friend who will join me. Her and I will be doing a “silent book club” via zoom or skype and read together and just hang out.
Link me to your blogs or Instas or Twitter or wherever you track your readathon progress in the comments below. I’d love to do this readathon together!
If you want to catch up with me outside this blog, I will also be updating my progress on Twitter (@evilbibliotaph). For hours 6 and 17 find me in the official Goodreads group where I’ll be hosting a discussion. I will also take over Dewey’s Twitter account for hour 6 and Dewey’s blog for hour 17. Stop by and chat!