We are a bit past the halfway point and I am happy with my reading progress. I finished So Long a Letter and The Color Purple. And I really loved both. I completely understand why they are considered seminal works in their respective fields.
My snack game has been pretty weak so far, which surprises me, I’ve had pizza and Cheetos, and that’s it. I am currently sipping on my first morning coffee and all feels right in the world though.
I have also enjoyed hosting a Twitter Party on the official Dewey’s Twitter account. I love interacting with everyone. I love seeing their progress. And I love forming new virtual friendships. I lead a discussion in the Dewey’s Goodreads group, which is always super fun. I have two more of those coming up (hour 17 and hour) as well as my Deweys blog post (hour 17). I hope to see you there.
- What are you reading right now? I just finished The Color Purple a few minutes ago. I am thinking of starting a graphic novel next.
- How many books have you read so far? 2
- What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Kindred (graphic novel) or White is for Witching (horror)
- Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I took an unexpected nap. But I am not bothered by that. It’s #reversereadathon time, so I am particularly relaxed. I am not donating to a charity per page number (like I do in April and October) but just per lump sum, so I feel zero pressure to read a lot of pages. I’ve also been enjoying my social media time without audiobook (that’s normally when I listen to a book to keep the pages coming) because I can really engage with fellow readers!
- What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Good question. I think this surprises me every time (so maybe I should’ve gotten used to it by now), but I love the diversity of books the community picks. We have fiction and non-fiction. We have poetry and essays. And everything in between.
How is your readathon going? Link me to your updates in the comments!
Happy reverse reading!