It’s TTT time! As usual, if you’re curious about this, Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl hosts these weekly challenges (so, see her blog for more info). Today’s topic is so exciting: questions I would ask my favorite author. I truly don’t have on favorite author, but the one I am most vocally obsessed with is Stephen King. I just answered a bunch of questions for The Liebster Award I received, and one of them was about which author I would invite for dinner and what would I cook.
So, let me set the stage. I’ll be serving a hardy German home-cooked meal: roasted goose with gravy, fresh dumplings, and red cabbage à la grandma. Uncle Steve shows up bringing me a signed first edition of Carrie, we hug, and become instantaneously best friends. Immediately, we can chat about anything. Casually, I’ll be bringing up the following questions.
- Who is your favorite poet? And is there a specific poem that best represents that poet’s style?
- What’s the place you visit when you need comfort?
- What is harder, maintaining a successful marriage or a successful writing career?
- Which character was the most difficult to write?
- Which one is your favorite King villain? and Why?
- How many pairs of LLBean boots do you own?
- What makes Maine a place that so fosters your creative juices?
- When you were writing Carrie, did you consult your wife or any other female influence? Do you do this generally for female characters? And who do you consult when writing paranormal entities?
- Do you care that your books can be dated based on certain references to current events in the stories?
- If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
Who are you asking questions? And what kind? Link me to your TTT in the comments.