Good morning readathoners,
We are in the first hour of our 24 hr readathon and I’m still a bit sluggish. I decided to start today with an audiobook (a first for me!). I’ve been wanting to read George during banned book week but didn’t get around to it. It has only been 20 minutes but I’m already sucked into the book. Meanwhile I made coffee, thank the heavens for coffee, right?, and fed the pets.
Now I’m settled on the daybed (I got myself one of those earlier this summer as part of my furious nesting since the pandemic started) and the furbabies surround me. The house is still quiet. The neighborhood is still quiet. And I like to imagine so is the rest of the world. Really early mornings or the middle of the night are my favorite reading periods.
What book did you pick up first? What part of the world are you from? I’m super stoked about this readathon and I can’t wait to read your updates.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m on the East Coast in the USA.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I kinda love my whole curated TBR but I think I’m looking forward the most to checking out the graphic novel series Locke & Key.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? The chocolate covered pretzels, hands down!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m a neuroscientist by day and a devoted literary enthusiast by night (and during work breaks). I’m a proud dog, cat, and plant mom. I live for coffee and my friends.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I have been participating in many of these readathons by now. What is a first to me this time is that I started it off with an audiobook. I usually get to those during social media times, like when I co-host the Dewey’s Twitter account for example.